Thursday, December 6, 2012

Wargames Factory Vikings Take 2

I made another try at a batch of Wargames Factory Viking Bondi. This time I limited my palette of colors for the clothing to more subdued colors, and I made my own shield transfers by printing out the nice patterns that can be obtained at the website for An Hour of Wolves & Shattered Shields. I then simply cut the printed shield designs out, glued them to the shields with a glue stick, and then touched up between the edge of the transfer and the shield rim with a bit of black paint. When painting the main body of the figures, I also took the effort to be a bit more deliberative with how I applied my washes. All in all, I think these are a major improvement over the previous attempt that I made on these figures.

Next up will be some Gripping Beast Hirdmen.





7 comments:

  1. Those shields really do add to the great looking unit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes as Fran says the shields look good and add to already nice looking figures

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, these look great! I have a couple of these figs...a promotional acquire... and wasn't really impressed.. I thought in your first post, they looked pretty good, but you really made these look great. well done, although Ive always liked your style of painting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The post is so nice about War games with swords and shields.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice publish, i definitely love this website, keep on it
    spor
    haber
    magazin
    oyun
    blog
    fragman

    ReplyDelete
  7. The above sword game seems like a historical war game for users.

    ReplyDelete