Thursday, May 3, 2012

US Open 2012 Results

The US Open has come and gone, and I had a really great time. Three days of non-stop gaming is getting to be a bit much for my old bones, but it was all worth it in the end. My experiment playing the Norse-Irish was, all things considered, a success. I only won one game, while losing three, and drawing one, but I felt like I had a chance in each game, just that I needed a bit more practice with the army before entering a tournament with first-class competition. Bottom line though, is I had a blast playing the army, and I think that I offered my opponents games that were out of the ordinary and tactically entertaining. Can't wait to do it again. The Norse-Irish most definitely have not seen their last appearance on the table top for me.

I wanted to post more detailed AAR's of my games against the following armies - Medieval German City Leagues, Free Company, Dominate Roman, and two Alexandrian Macedonians - but most of my photos came out too blurry and dark. In any case, below are the reasonably acceptable ones showing some of the action, and shots of the participants in the act of crossing swords.






















7 comments:

  1. What is the US Open? Where/when is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The US Open is an annual Field of Glory competition - well, for two years in a row now - with the San Francisco area being planned for in 2013. This year it was held in Bedford, Massachusetts, right outside of Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good one and nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at the tournament (just as an observer on Saturday). We noticed the ogres on the table then (and in your pictures above). Was this a historical army?

    Best,
    Ed M

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ogres (trolls actually) were used as command stands only in a Norse-Irish historical army. A bit of whimsy on my part - and I didn't receive more than a couple of good-natured snide remarks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the photos - some great armies on show!

    ReplyDelete