Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oinking Crossbow

With the Field of Glory US Open soon to arrive, I realized that I need a minimum of eight stands of Light Infantry crossbow for the army that I intend to play. I'm not a big fan of this troop type, but taking them as light infantry, they aren't too expensive and are much less of a target than if they are taken as medium foot. The figures shown are by Peter Pig, from their Bloody Barons line. Pretty decent sculpts for 15mm - I especially link the crouching guy loading his weapon. I also have some Peter Pig command figures to get completed before the big event for the generals that I intend to use, and I hope to show them here soon.

A couple of close ups for the crossbow:



And an overall shot of the completed unit:

6 comments:

  1. oh yes, crossbows. you've got to love them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done on the painting. A good mix of shirt/tunic colors. I like your basing for medevials as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While often disapointing in battlefield and tabletop performance, few things scream Late Medieval more than Crossbows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice units - and I agree with AJ on the basing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work. Figures are mixed nicely and the bases look great.

    ReplyDelete