Thursday, February 23, 2012

FoG 2nd Annual US Open

I wanted to put up a post here announcing that this year, the 2nd Annual Field of Glory US Open is being held in my neck of the woods - well, at least within a 2 hour drive that is, anyway. It is being put on by Matt Iverson, a good gaming buddy of mine up in the Boston area, and it appears that this will be quite the event - there may end up being as many as 40 players, coming in from all over the country, and several possibly also from the UK. I'm already very much looking forward to this, and I'm still working on several units I need to add to the army that I intend to play.

For anyone interested, here is the necessary information that Matt sent my way:

The Second Annual US FOG Open will be held on April 27-29 in Bedford MA, located 30 minutes from Boston’s Logan Airport and minutes from historic Lexington and Concord.

Where:
Bedford Plaza Hotel, 340 Great Road, Bedford MA, http://www.BedfordPlazaHotel.com

Schedule:
1st Round – Friday, April 27, 1900-2300
2nd Round – Saturday, April 28, 0900-1300
3rd Round – Saturday, April 28, 1400-1800
4th Round – Saturday, April 28, 1900-2300
5th Round – Sunday, April 29, 0900-1300

800 pts., single list, all books.

Accommodations:
Rooms available in the tournament hotel for $89 per night, including breakfast, if booked 30 days in advance. Call for reduced rate.
Higher and lower end accommodations available minutes away.

Contact Matt Iverson at Iverson.jm@verizon.net for more information.

List submission: Lists should be submitted via email to Chris Anders at shadypage@att.net no later than Friday, April 13, 2012.

Cost: $40 entrance fee, payable at the door.

Sign up: I have attached a new post to the tournament page at slitherine.com:  http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=32102  for those to confirm that they are attending. Once you are sure you are coming (i.e. bought airline tickets or the equivalent), please post to that page EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TOLD ME YOU ARE COMING. I currently have space for 32 people. I can expand this with enough advanced notice, so if you coming please sign up as soon as possible.

If you are a Field of Glory fan, this should be one of the highlights of the year.

2 comments:

  1. This will be amazing! Make sure to take lots of photos and post a crackling AAR report for all of us who can't attend.

    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I won't be able to get there but I hope it goes really well and (as Monty said) I hope you get lots of pics.

    ReplyDelete