Thursday, September 22, 2011

Future Insurgents R Us

I really like these Sahadeen 15mm scale figures from Rebel Minis.  Reminiscent of Frank Herbert's Fremen, but with guns instead of crysknives.  To form the core of this army I bought two packs of the infantry, each pack containing 21 figures and costing a mere $10.95 each.  The color scheme I chose uses muted earth tones instead of a Middle Eastern pallet, since the Sahadeen will form my multi-purpose insurgent army for sci-fi gaming.  In fact, they would probably be good stand-ins for even modern era Force on Force games.

I think the poses with the hoods down and goggles are particularly attractive. with a really gritty, futuristic feel to them.  The majority of the figures are hooded though - still very nice, but I would have preferred more of the goggled-eyed troopers in a variety of poses instead.  But I'm still very happy with all the figures, and they will certainly be doing yeoman duty for me once I start putting some Tomorrow's War games on the tabletop.




Here's a closeup of a goggle-eyed trooper, a typical hooded figure, and a pistol-armed leader figure, of which there is only one per pack.  Sorry if the picture is a little blurry - I'm using a new camera and I'm still getting the hang of how to focus closeups.


And finally, here's a panoramic angle of all the completed figures in a double pack of Sahadeen:


Some support troops armed with sniper rifles and heavy weapons need to get done, and then I'll have something to take on my Free Catalan Dragoons.

1 comment: