Monday, September 12, 2011

The Free Catalan Dragoons

I've been finishing up the Ground Zero Games NSL figures that I have in preparation for the upcoming release of Tomorrow's War.  These are virtually the same as the ones in my last post, except that I hope that they look a little better with a more recent paint job.

Here are several more APC's - one armed with a missile launcher, and another one that will be the platoon command car.



There are three more squads of infantry, giving me now a total of four.


A close up of a single 8 figure squad:


And one with a couple of leader figures:


Between these, and the figures in my last post (and maybe the addition of a couple of light tanks), that will give me a full force for Tomorrow's War with a variety of support options depending on the mission scenario.

I envision these guys as a contract mercenary force, similar to the type of ones that could be played in the old Traveller supplement, "Broadsword".  The color scheme I used reminds me very much of my Catalan Company army for Field of Glory, so I'm considering naming these something like the "Free Catalan Dragoons". I like the symmetry of this, especially since the Grand Catalan Company was one of history's most famous mercenary bands.  And the Ancients player in me is insisting that they even go by a nickname such as the "Almughavars", or maybe possibly even the "Moogs".

Of course, it's now time to get to work on my Sahadeen opposing force.

No comments:

Post a Comment