Monday, August 29, 2011

Enough with the Phalangites, Already!

I recently completed the last unit of phalangites I plan on using for some time in my 15mm Successor army. These are elite phalangites, (Xyston hypasist pikemen), with plumed helmets that I painted with touches of purple to indicate their more highly regarded status.  I just played them in a couple of our New England Field of Glory League games, one of which I lost and one of which I won, but I don't think that they got into combat at all in either of the games. Oh well, at least they didn't fall victim of the dreaded performance of a most recently finished unit - which is collapsing and fleeing the battlefield as soon as possible. Maybe their elite status did account for something then.

Here's a couple of photos of the fully painted and based unit:



And here they are in a battleline with the other Macedonian phalangites:



Time for a break from Successors. And no more phalangites for me for awhile...at least in 15mm that is!

Next posting is going to be a bit of a diversion for me. Something completely different to get the hobby juices flowing again.

6 comments:

  1. Nice work - I think Xyston has the best Ancients in 15mm - definitely their Macedonian/Successors for sure. For Medieval 15mm, I like Corvus Belli. That said, I'm kind of committed to 28mm. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figures, love the shields!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very impressiv!!
    Regards
    derFigurenschieber

    ReplyDelete